BG

Sunday, January 18, 2015

2015

With 2015 upon us, I am going to do something that I have never seriously done before.

I am going to set goals.

I don't know you, I don't even know if anyone is going to read this blog yet. But I need a way to make myself accountable for what I am saying I will do. And a place where I can share and record the journey. I am determined to leave 2015 a better person than I started it, even if it is just a little. I need to start somewhere.

Everything is arranged in categories. I don't have specific plans for everything yet, but I have a good idea of what I want to accomplish.

Personal
  •  I'm working on organization for my home. It is my goal to prove that you can get organized and make a home beautiful without spending money on the space saving containers that have become so common and give off the impression that they are necessary to have a beautiful home. I want to make my home beautiful by using the things I already have, instead of buying more just because my vision/mood changed after seeing someone else's before/after photos.
Health
  •  I definitely want to be healthier. More specifically: I want to run 1 mile without stopping to walk, plan and prepare meals daily so I am eating regularly and food that is good for me, and begin a strength training routine. And in the process if I happen to lose weight, well then that is just an added bonus.
Spiritual
  •  Mostly my goal is to have regular scripture study, regular sincere prayers, and attending as many of my church meetings as possible (meaning, only skipping when I am sick or have to work).
Career
  •  Apply to Grad School. I graduated during the summer of 2013 with a Bachelors in Psychology. Which gives very few options for career paths prior to an advanced degree. This is something I have been struggling with. I love school. I love learning. But there are many life changes that will go along with attending grad school that I'm mentally fighting against. A lot of those reasons stem from financial insecurity (like finding a new place to live, a new job, and making it financially while attending school and working enough to support myself. Not even to account for paying for grad school).
  • I also want to start offering printed products on my Etsy page. I have been selling printables for over a year, and my next move is to offer the pages already printed. This is uncharted territory for me. I heard a quote (that I can't remember who or where it came from, so if you know, please let me know so I can give them credit. I also may be quoting it incorrectly) that stated to "Do something before you are ready." And I am definitely not ready mentally, but I feel like it is time to jump in this year.
Financial
  •  Eventually I want to purchase my own home. This has been a goal for many years, but I haven't done much to work towards it. In fact, I have done a lot to sabotage that dream. So for now, my goals are to pay off my debt (at least 1 credit card this year, hopefully 2), and in the process begin to repair my credit from late payments and excessive balances, live through a budget, and build an emergency savings account.

No comments:

Post a Comment